Paradox in Motion

AC
Anthony Candela
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 8:34 PM

Today I received a message from the NRA's Washington Wire reporting that the
President has order all agency heads to set up regulatory reform committees.
His prior order to 'eliminate two regulations for every one created' is part
of this.  Almost simultaneously, we all received from AFB a notice about
work we will be doing to get some recent WIOA regulations rolled back.
These include ones that AER and AFB tried to foil before they were passed
such as the elimination of the VR goal of Homemaker and significant over
tightening on integrated employment rules and insofar as possible, minimum
wage.  I would add that many of us also worry about the mandate to spend 15%
of the total VR budget on pre-employment transition services for students
with disabilities, the concept being laudable, but the percentage being so
high that agencies are probably going to spend some of the money to no good
end.  The paradox: One can use what seems like an overkill deregulation
environment to one's individual political and program goals.  Stand by for
the next installment of 'as the political world turns'!

P.S. - Chris Martin is now our newest Legislative Committee member and if
all went well, is now on this e-mail list.  Please welcome him.

Tony

Anthony R. Candela

Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee

Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant

(510) 912-0969

12x More Efficient Than Solar Panels? Scientists Shocked
offgrid-independence.net
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc

[...]
JM
John Mascia
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 8:38 PM

Great information... welcome. Chris!

John Mascia, Au.D.
President

[...]

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duchttp://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc
[SponsoredBy Content.Ad]

Great information... welcome. Chris! John Mascia, Au.D. President From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 2:35 PM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org Subject: [Legiscom] Paradox in Motion Today I received a message from the NRA's Washington Wire reporting that the President has order all agency heads to set up regulatory reform committees. His prior order to 'eliminate two regulations for every one created' is part of this. Almost simultaneously, we all received from AFB a notice about work we will be doing to get some recent WIOA regulations rolled back. These include ones that AER and AFB tried to foil before they were passed such as the elimination of the VR goal of Homemaker and significant over tightening on integrated employment rules and insofar as possible, minimum wage. I would add that many of us also worry about the mandate to spend 15% of the total VR budget on pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities, the concept being laudable, but the percentage being so high that agencies are probably going to spend some of the money to no good end. The paradox: One can use what seems like an overkill deregulation environment to one's individual political and program goals. Stand by for the next installment of 'as the political world turns'! P.S. - Chris Martin is now our newest Legislative Committee member and if all went well, is now on this e-mail list. Please welcome him. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ 12x More Efficient Than Solar Panels? Scientists Shocked offgrid-independence.net <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc [SponsoredBy Content.Ad]
BC
Bauman, Collette (MDE)
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 8:50 PM

We are so happy to have you on board!
Collette

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:40 PM, John Mascia <Mascia.John@aidb.state.al.usmailto:Mascia.John@aidb.state.al.us> wrote:

[...]

Legiscom mailing list
Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.orgmailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org

We are so happy to have you on board! Collette Sent from my iPhone On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:40 PM, John Mascia <Mascia.John@aidb.state.al.us<mailto:Mascia.John@aidb.state.al.us>> wrote: Great information… welcome. Chris! John Mascia, Au.D. President From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Friday, February 24, 2017 2:35 PM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> Subject: [Legiscom] Paradox in Motion Today I received a message from the NRA’s Washington Wire reporting that the President has order all agency heads to set up regulatory reform committees. His prior order to ‘eliminate two regulations for every one created’ is part of this. Almost simultaneously, we all received from AFB a notice about work we will be doing to get some recent WIOA regulations rolled back. These include ones that AER and AFB tried to foil before they were passed such as the elimination of the VR goal of Homemaker and significant over tightening on integrated employment rules and insofar as possible, minimum wage. I would add that many of us also worry about the mandate to spend 15% of the total VR budget on pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities, the concept being laudable, but the percentage being so high that agencies are probably going to spend some of the money to no good end. The paradox: One can use what seems like an overkill deregulation environment to one’s individual political and program goals. Stand by for the next installment of ‘as the political world turns’! P.S. – Chris Martin is now our newest Legislative Committee member and if all went well, is now on this e-mail list. Please welcome him. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ 12x More Efficient Than Solar Panels? Scientists Shocked offgrid-independence.net <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc>http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc [SponsoredBy Content.Ad] _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org
BK
Bernadette Kappen
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 10:03 PM

Thanks for the info.

Bernadette

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Anthony Candela acandela@juno.com wrote:

[...]

[image: SponsoredBy Content.Ad]

Legiscom mailing list
Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org

--
Confidentiality Notice: This email, including attachments is for the sole
use of the recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged

Thanks for the info. Bernadette Sent from my iPad On Feb 24, 2017, at 3:36 PM, Anthony Candela <acandela@juno.com> wrote: Today I received a message from the NRA’s Washington Wire reporting that the President has order all agency heads to set up regulatory reform committees. His prior order to ‘eliminate two regulations for every one created’ is part of this. Almost simultaneously, we all received from AFB a notice about work we will be doing to get some recent WIOA regulations rolled back. These include ones that AER and AFB tried to foil before they were passed such as the elimination of the VR goal of Homemaker and significant over tightening on integrated employment rules and insofar as possible, minimum wage. I would add that many of us also worry about the mandate to spend 15% of the total VR budget on pre-employment transition services for students with disabilities, the concept being laudable, but the percentage being so high that agencies are probably going to spend some of the money to no good end. The paradox: One can use what seems like an overkill deregulation environment to one’s individual political and program goals. Stand by for the next installment of ‘as the political world turns’! P.S. – Chris Martin is now our newest Legislative Committee member and if all went well, is now on this e-mail list. Please welcome him. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ *12x More Efficient Than Solar Panels? Scientists Shocked* offgrid-independence.net <http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3142/58b098d9ad43118d970f1st03duc [image: SponsoredBy Content.Ad] _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org -- Confidentiality Notice: This email, including attachments is for the sole use of the recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.