Re: 2022 Conference registration--I suggest $0 for AER members

FL
Ford, Leanne (LEO)
Thu, Sep 23, 2021 7:43 PM

Hi,

My two cents on the subject is that I think it could be free up until a deadline date and after that people have to pay, or maybe not even completely free at all like some nominal $25, for example. The reason I suggest this is that I would hate for people to get accustomed to free. We will still have expenses even though it won’t be $15K. If we go free now, then it makes it harder to digest that we still have expenses and at some point people will have to pay again.

Leanne Ford, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist
Gaylord Office
Bureau of Services for Blind Persons
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
931 South Otsego Ave., Ste 3
Gaylord, MI 49735
Ph 989-732-2449
C 231-340-3400
Fax 989-732-5134
Fordl1@michigan.govmailto:Fordl1@michigan.gov

[cid:image001.png@01D7B091.BE9B8A50]

From: Killey, Patricia pkilley@midlandesa.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 12:12 PM
To: Roberta McCall mccallr6246@att.net
Cc: aermichigan aermichigan@lists.aerbvi.org; Ford, Leanne (LEO) fordl1@michigan.gov
Subject: Re: [Aermichigan] 2022 Conference registration--I suggest $0 for AER members

CAUTION: This is an External email. Please send suspicious emails to abuse@michigan.govmailto:abuse@michigan.gov

Roberta, you're right  we did not discuss any price changes. I would agree we need to adjust the prices. My first reaction would be to see what speakers are going to cost us. It would be nice to provide our members at a very reduced price or free. I will have to digest this thought.

Patty

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 12:04 PM Roberta McCall <mccallr6246@att.netmailto:mccallr6246@att.net> wrote:
Hi Board,
I am reading the conference timeline document and noticed there are many things updated.  Registration is not updated, and I realize we did not discuss it yet.
Since we are not paying AER anything to sponsor the conference, I would like to see us make the conference free for AER embers.  We are not paying $15,000 like we did in 2021, and our resources are in excellent shape.
Roberta

IMPORTANT: "The information included in this transmission may be confidential and/or legally privileged and is intended only for the use of the designated addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive email/faxes for the addressee, you may not use, act upon, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy the message.  Thank you."

Hi, My two cents on the subject is that I think it could be free up until a deadline date and after that people have to pay, or maybe not even completely free at all like some nominal $25, for example. The reason I suggest this is that I would hate for people to get accustomed to free. We will still have expenses even though it won’t be $15K. If we go free now, then it makes it harder to digest that we still have expenses and at some point people will have to pay again. Leanne Ford, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist Gaylord Office Bureau of Services for Blind Persons Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity 931 South Otsego Ave., Ste 3 Gaylord, MI 49735 Ph 989-732-2449 C 231-340-3400 Fax 989-732-5134 Fordl1@michigan.gov<mailto:Fordl1@michigan.gov> [cid:image001.png@01D7B091.BE9B8A50] From: Killey, Patricia <pkilley@midlandesa.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2021 12:12 PM To: Roberta McCall <mccallr6246@att.net> Cc: aermichigan <aermichigan@lists.aerbvi.org>; Ford, Leanne (LEO) <fordl1@michigan.gov> Subject: Re: [Aermichigan] 2022 Conference registration--I suggest $0 for AER members CAUTION: This is an External email. Please send suspicious emails to abuse@michigan.gov<mailto:abuse@michigan.gov> Roberta, you're right we did not discuss any price changes. I would agree we need to adjust the prices. My first reaction would be to see what speakers are going to cost us. It would be nice to provide our members at a very reduced price or free. I will have to digest this thought. Patty On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 12:04 PM Roberta McCall <mccallr6246@att.net<mailto:mccallr6246@att.net>> wrote: Hi Board, I am reading the conference timeline document and noticed there are many things updated. Registration is not updated, and I realize we did not discuss it yet. Since we are not paying AER anything to sponsor the conference, I would like to see us make the conference free for AER embers. We are not paying $15,000 like we did in 2021, and our resources are in excellent shape. Roberta _______________________________________________ AERMichigan mailing list -- aermichigan@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:aermichigan@lists.aerbvi.org> To unsubscribe send an email to aermichigan-leave@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:aermichigan-leave@lists.aerbvi.org> IMPORTANT: "The information included in this transmission may be confidential and/or legally privileged and is intended only for the use of the designated addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive email/faxes for the addressee, you may not use, act upon, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy the message. Thank you."