FW: A Message from Senator Bill Cassidy

AC
Anthony Candela
Tue, Feb 7, 2017 2:44 AM

Sample response from Senators.

Tony

From: Senator Bill Cassidy [mailto:correspondence_reply@cassidy.senate.gov]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 7:44 PM
To: acandela@juno.com
Subject: A Message from Senator Bill Cassidy

Bill Cassidy
Louisiana

DC Office:
Suite SH-703
Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-5824

Baton Rouge Office:
5555 Hilton Avenue, Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 929-7711

Image removed by sender. United States Senate

WASHINGTON, DC 20510

COMMITTEE

APPROPRIATIONS

HEALTH, EDUCATION, LABOR, AND PENSIONS

VETERANS' AFFAIRS

ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES

February 6, 2017

Mr. Anthony Candela

3015 Riverdale Avenue
#5H

Bronx, NY 10463-3608

Dear Mr. Candela:

Thank you for your recent letter regarding Betsy Devos’ nomination for Secretary of Education at the Department of Education. It is good to hear from you, and I appreciate your advocacy on this important topic.

The constitutional responsibility of confirming executive nominations is one of the most important checks and balances within our federal government. I approach this duty with the posture that I am working to better the United States.

As a doctor who taught at LSU Medical School students and a parent of children attending public schools, I have a deep understanding and appreciation of the importance of this position.  Every child deserves the opportunity of an excellent education taught by great teachers.

For this reason, I have consistently supported an increase in school choice options by supporting magnet, charter and public schools as well as the option to transfer low-income students’ funding to transfer between schools through Title I portability. We should measure achievement and set realistic goals while equipping students and teachers with the means to attain them. Opportunities to succeed should not be hindered by a lack of resources or intrusive federal government mandates.

You will be pleased to learn that I serve as a member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. As we hold hearings on and ultimately vote on her confirmation, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

I will continue to represent the views of my state and do so through hearing from constituents like you. Please continue to reach out, either by phone or by email, when you have another question or concern. You can reach my office in Washington DC at 202-224-5824 or submit an email at http://www.cassidy.senate.gov/content/contact-bill.

Sincerely,

Image removed by sender.

Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D.

Please do not reply to this message as this mailbox cannot receive incoming messages.

http://cassidy.senate.gov

#ICAEF000000039838CCFCRM

How To Fix Your Fatigue (Do This Daily)
gundrymd.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/589934a7c13d134a73f0dst02duc

Sample response from Senators. Tony From: Senator Bill Cassidy [mailto:correspondence_reply@cassidy.senate.gov] Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 7:44 PM To: acandela@juno.com Subject: A Message from Senator Bill Cassidy Bill Cassidy Louisiana DC Office: Suite SH-703 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, DC 20510 (202) 224-5824 Baton Rouge Office: 5555 Hilton Avenue, Suite 100 Baton Rouge, LA 70808 (225) 929-7711 Image removed by sender. United States Senate WASHINGTON, DC 20510 COMMITTEE APPROPRIATIONS HEALTH, EDUCATION, LABOR, AND PENSIONS VETERANS' AFFAIRS ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES February 6, 2017 Mr. Anthony Candela 3015 Riverdale Avenue #5H Bronx, NY 10463-3608 Dear Mr. Candela: Thank you for your recent letter regarding Betsy Devos’ nomination for Secretary of Education at the Department of Education. It is good to hear from you, and I appreciate your advocacy on this important topic. The constitutional responsibility of confirming executive nominations is one of the most important checks and balances within our federal government. I approach this duty with the posture that I am working to better the United States. As a doctor who taught at LSU Medical School students and a parent of children attending public schools, I have a deep understanding and appreciation of the importance of this position. Every child deserves the opportunity of an excellent education taught by great teachers. For this reason, I have consistently supported an increase in school choice options by supporting magnet, charter and public schools as well as the option to transfer low-income students’ funding to transfer between schools through Title I portability. We should measure achievement and set realistic goals while equipping students and teachers with the means to attain them. Opportunities to succeed should not be hindered by a lack of resources or intrusive federal government mandates. You will be pleased to learn that I serve as a member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions. As we hold hearings on and ultimately vote on her confirmation, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. I will continue to represent the views of my state and do so through hearing from constituents like you. Please continue to reach out, either by phone or by email, when you have another question or concern. You can reach my office in Washington DC at 202-224-5824 or submit an email at http://www.cassidy.senate.gov/content/contact-bill. Sincerely, Image removed by sender. Senator Bill Cassidy, M.D. ***Please do not reply to this message as this mailbox cannot receive incoming messages.*** http://cassidy.senate.gov #ICAEF000000039838CCFCRM ____________________________________________________________ How To Fix Your Fatigue (Do This Daily) gundrymd.com http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/589934a7c13d134a73f0dst02duc