FW: [AER-Board] FW: September 2014 Board Meeting "Highlights"

DG
Deborah Gold
Wed, Oct 1, 2014 2:00 PM

Dear Canadian AER members,
Below please find Mr. Lou Tutt’s highlights from our Board Meeting last weekend.

I did provide a Canadian Report, which is attached for your interest. Our next meeting will be Budget in December, and our next “full” meeting is in the new year. If you have items of interest (events, issues, new legislation, advocacy, membership drives in your chapter, etc.), please send them my way by December 1, so that I may include them in my next Canadian report.

All the best,
Deborah Gold,
Canadian Rep.

From: AER-Board [mailto:aer-board-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Lou Tutt
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 9:54 AM
To: AER Board of Directors
Subject: [AER-Board] FW: September 2014 Board Meeting "Highlights"

Good Morning Members of the AER Board of Directors,

Below is a list of “Highlights” from the Board meeting held September 26, 27, 2014, approved by President Shepard, that you who are district representatives ( there are six of you plus the Canadian rep) and those of you representing divisions can send/share with AER chapter and division leaders, and they in turn with their members.

-All 17 Members of the AER Board of Directors were present for the September 2014 AER Board of Directors Meeting (September 26-27, 2014).

-New AER President, Christy Shepard, presided over her first official AER Board Meeting.

-Dr. Deborah Gold, Canadian Representative to the AER Board of Directors, hosted a Canadian Town Hall Meeting (telephonically) in September and invited AER President Christy Shepard, Immediate AER Past President, Jim Adams, and AER Executive Director, Lou Tutt to attend, and they all did.

-A Special AER Board Meeting will be held in November 2014 to discuss amendments to the AER Bylaws as presented by the AER Bylaws and Structure Committee.

-An AER Conference on Aging and Blindness (including veterans) is being planned for November 2015.

-The leadership of ACVREP and the leadership of AER are planning a teleconference in October 2014

-A $100.00 donation from AER will be made to the Hall of Fame Leaders and Legends, housed at APH, as a memorial to AER’s first president, Dr. Richard L. Welsh, who died September 13, 2014.

-All AER divisions will hold their elections in the spring of the year prior to the AER International Conference.

-AER’s divisions’ goals and budgets due date was changed from September 1 to September 15 each year starting 2015.

-AER will present a letter to the National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE) for their approval to send to state directors of special education and human resource officers regarding the need for hiring qualified and certified personnel to provide instructional services for students with visual impairments.

-The AER president will appoint an AER Ad Hoc Committee on Fundraising

Thanks,

Lou

Louis M. Tutt
Executive Director
Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER)
1703 North Beauregard St., Suite 440
Alexandria, VA 22311-1744
703-671-4500, ext. 205
F 703-671-6391
lou@aerbvi.orgmailto:lou@aerbvi.org
www.aerbvi.orghttp://www.aerbvi.org/

Privacy Disclaimer - Français à suivre

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

Déclaration de confidentialité

Le présent courrier électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.

Dear Canadian AER members, Below please find Mr. Lou Tutt’s highlights from our Board Meeting last weekend. I did provide a Canadian Report, which is attached for your interest. Our next meeting will be Budget in December, and our next “full” meeting is in the new year. If you have items of interest (events, issues, new legislation, advocacy, membership drives in your chapter, etc.), please send them my way by December 1, so that I may include them in my next Canadian report. All the best, Deborah Gold, Canadian Rep. From: AER-Board [mailto:aer-board-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Lou Tutt Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 9:54 AM To: AER Board of Directors Subject: [AER-Board] FW: September 2014 Board Meeting "Highlights" Importance: High Good Morning Members of the AER Board of Directors, Below is a list of “Highlights” from the Board meeting held September 26, 27, 2014, approved by President Shepard, that you who are district representatives ( there are six of you plus the Canadian rep) and those of you representing divisions can send/share with AER chapter and division leaders, and they in turn with their members. -All 17 Members of the AER Board of Directors were present for the September 2014 AER Board of Directors Meeting (September 26-27, 2014). -New AER President, Christy Shepard, presided over her first official AER Board Meeting. -Dr. Deborah Gold, Canadian Representative to the AER Board of Directors, hosted a Canadian Town Hall Meeting (telephonically) in September and invited AER President Christy Shepard, Immediate AER Past President, Jim Adams, and AER Executive Director, Lou Tutt to attend, and they all did. -A Special AER Board Meeting will be held in November 2014 to discuss amendments to the AER Bylaws as presented by the AER Bylaws and Structure Committee. -An AER Conference on Aging and Blindness (including veterans) is being planned for November 2015. -The leadership of ACVREP and the leadership of AER are planning a teleconference in October 2014 -A $100.00 donation from AER will be made to the Hall of Fame Leaders and Legends, housed at APH, as a memorial to AER’s first president, Dr. Richard L. Welsh, who died September 13, 2014. -All AER divisions will hold their elections in the spring of the year prior to the AER International Conference. -AER’s divisions’ goals and budgets due date was changed from September 1 to September 15 each year starting 2015. -AER will present a letter to the National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE) for their approval to send to state directors of special education and human resource officers regarding the need for hiring qualified and certified personnel to provide instructional services for students with visual impairments. -The AER president will appoint an AER Ad Hoc Committee on Fundraising Thanks, Lou Louis M. Tutt Executive Director Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER) 1703 North Beauregard St., Suite 440 Alexandria, VA 22311-1744 703-671-4500, ext. 205 F 703-671-6391 lou@aerbvi.org<mailto:lou@aerbvi.org> www.aerbvi.org<http://www.aerbvi.org/> ________________________________ Privacy Disclaimer - Français à suivre This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Déclaration de confidentialité Le présent courrier électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et le supprimer immédiatement.