FW: Working with the Next Administration

AC
Anthony Candela
Sat, Dec 3, 2016 6:14 PM

I thought this might be of interest as we approach our Wednesday meeting at 6:00 Eastern.

Tony

From: World Institute on Disability [mailto:wid=wid.org@mail211.atl171.mcdlv.net] On Behalf Of World Institute on Disability
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2016 1:00 PM
To: acandela@juno.com
Subject: Working with the Next Administration

Post-Election Results:

What the Next Administration Can Do to Support Americans with Disabilities

Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex presents on ABLE, staff members Tom and Kat meet with Swedish Delegation, staff members Loretta and Elizabeth pose in front of Disability Concierge desk

As with many Americans, we at the World Institute on Disability (WID) http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=ef304c4378&e=6938f3874e  are concerned with how the 2016 election results will impact the disability community and all diverse communities. Over the past several decades, the progress around the rights of people with disabilities—including increased accessibility of services, improved public accommodations, and recent legislation, such as the ABLE Act, which helps young people with disabilities gain true financial independence and saves taxpayer dollars—has boasted significant milestones for our community nationwide.

We are committed to continuing this progress, and we recognize that there is still much more to be done.  However, we also see that there is constant pressure to roll back many of these advances in disability rights under the assumption that to do so would save money.

Reduction of services, resulting in exclusion of people with disabilities, is extremely costly in financial and human terms. Certain healthcare and benefits proposals can endanger the health, independence, and financial security of people with disabilities. Some broader issues, such as climate change, will have a drastic impact on our community unless people with disabilities are included in the planning and preparation.

We are committed to working with the next administration to support disability rights in all its forms and to prevent any changes that would negatively affect people with disabilities across the U.S. and around the world.

Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Bryon presents on DB101, staff members Elizabeth, Josephine, Kat, and Charity pose in front of registration desk at Policy Summit, staff member Marsha presents on Disability FEAST website

High priority areas for attention include:

http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=effa9bbfd1&e=6938f3874e Benefits reform that enables people with disabilities to work while still maintaining benefits to offset the high cost of disability;

Expanded  http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=fa297359c3&e=6938f3874e employment opportunities with special attention to ensuring that employees with disabilities are appropriately accommodated and welcomed in the workplace;

http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=96b93b6059&e=6938f3874e Healthcare and personal assistant services that fully support people with disabilities' health needs, including access to quality affordable medical care; medication and durable medical equipment; and fitness and nutrition resources, all equal to that of other Americans;

Disability discrimination, which must be combated in all its forms, including employment, education, and housing;

http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=784864b875&e=6938f3874e Climate change policies that include people with disabilities in planning and preparation; and

Representation by people with disabilities in all aspects of government.

Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: WID's newest service dog Alabama, staff member Tom shows international fellows Muir Woods, WID's retired service dog Carrera

Now more than ever, we hope you will consider supporting our efforts — you can donate via Network for Good http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d51e8ad622&e=6938f3874e  as a one-time donation or schedule monthly/quarterly donations.

Also, consider adding WID as your AmazonSmile Charity http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=c4aacd6517&e=6938f3874e . Amazon will donate 0.5% to WID on your behalf as you do your holiday shopping this season and all year round. Every gift counts!

Wishing you a a joyful, healthy holiday season and a happy New Year from the WID family!

Image removed by sender. Group photo of 7 staff members, 2 international fellows, and 1 service dog

http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7cc1f9c261&e=6938f3874e Image removed by sender.

http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7b0ca302b9&e=6938f3874e Image removed by sender.

http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d748980e75&e=6938f3874e Image removed by sender.

http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3117253f93&e=6938f3874e Image removed by sender.

The World Institute on Disability (WID) works to eliminate barriers to full social integration and to increase employment, economic security, and healthcare for persons with disabilities. WID creates innovative programs and tools; conducts research, public education, training, and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical assistance. For more information, visit www.wid.org http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3b0405be40&e=6938f3874e .

Copyright © 2016 World Institute on Disability, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
3075 Adeline Street Suite 155 Berkeley, CA 94703

This email was sent to acandela@juno.com
http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279 why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279    update subscription preferences http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e
The World Institute on Disability · World Institute on Disability · 3075 Adeline Street, Suite 155 · Berkeley, CA 94703-2545 · USA

http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&afl=1 Image removed by sender. Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Image removed by sender.

I thought this might be of interest as we approach our Wednesday meeting at 6:00 Eastern. Tony From: World Institute on Disability [mailto:wid=wid.org@mail211.atl171.mcdlv.net] On Behalf Of World Institute on Disability Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2016 1:00 PM To: acandela@juno.com Subject: Working with the Next Administration Post-Election Results: What the Next Administration Can Do to Support Americans with Disabilities Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex presents on ABLE, staff members Tom and Kat meet with Swedish Delegation, staff members Loretta and Elizabeth pose in front of Disability Concierge desk As with many Americans, we at the World Institute on Disability (WID) <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=ef304c4378&e=6938f3874e> are concerned with how the 2016 election results will impact the disability community and all diverse communities. Over the past several decades, the progress around the rights of people with disabilities—including increased accessibility of services, improved public accommodations, and recent legislation, such as the ABLE Act, which helps young people with disabilities gain true financial independence and saves taxpayer dollars—has boasted significant milestones for our community nationwide. We are committed to continuing this progress, and we recognize that there is still much more to be done. However, we also see that there is constant pressure to roll back many of these advances in disability rights under the assumption that to do so would save money. Reduction of services, resulting in exclusion of people with disabilities, is extremely costly in financial and human terms. Certain healthcare and benefits proposals can endanger the health, independence, and financial security of people with disabilities. Some broader issues, such as climate change, will have a drastic impact on our community unless people with disabilities are included in the planning and preparation. We are committed to working with the next administration to support disability rights in all its forms and to prevent any changes that would negatively affect people with disabilities across the U.S. and around the world. Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Bryon presents on DB101, staff members Elizabeth, Josephine, Kat, and Charity pose in front of registration desk at Policy Summit, staff member Marsha presents on Disability FEAST website High priority areas for attention include: <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=effa9bbfd1&e=6938f3874e> Benefits reform that enables people with disabilities to work while still maintaining benefits to offset the high cost of disability; Expanded <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=fa297359c3&e=6938f3874e> employment opportunities with special attention to ensuring that employees with disabilities are appropriately accommodated and welcomed in the workplace; <http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=96b93b6059&e=6938f3874e> Healthcare and personal assistant services that fully support people with disabilities' health needs, including access to quality affordable medical care; medication and durable medical equipment; and fitness and nutrition resources, all equal to that of other Americans; Disability discrimination, which must be combated in all its forms, including employment, education, and housing; <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=784864b875&e=6938f3874e> Climate change policies that include people with disabilities in planning and preparation; and Representation by people with disabilities in all aspects of government. Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: WID's newest service dog Alabama, staff member Tom shows international fellows Muir Woods, WID's retired service dog Carrera Now more than ever, we hope you will consider supporting our efforts — you can donate via Network for Good <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d51e8ad622&e=6938f3874e> as a one-time donation or schedule monthly/quarterly donations. Also, consider adding WID as your AmazonSmile Charity <http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=c4aacd6517&e=6938f3874e> . Amazon will donate 0.5% to WID on your behalf as you do your holiday shopping this season and all year round. Every gift counts! Wishing you a a joyful, healthy holiday season and a happy New Year from the WID family! Image removed by sender. Group photo of 7 staff members, 2 international fellows, and 1 service dog <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7cc1f9c261&e=6938f3874e> Image removed by sender. <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7b0ca302b9&e=6938f3874e> Image removed by sender. <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d748980e75&e=6938f3874e> Image removed by sender. <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3117253f93&e=6938f3874e> Image removed by sender. The World Institute on Disability (WID) works to eliminate barriers to full social integration and to increase employment, economic security, and healthcare for persons with disabilities. WID creates innovative programs and tools; conducts research, public education, training, and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical assistance. For more information, visit www.wid.org <http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3b0405be40&e=6938f3874e> . Copyright © 2016 World Institute on Disability, All rights reserved. Our mailing address is: 3075 Adeline Street Suite 155 Berkeley, CA 94703 Want to change how you receive these emails? You can <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e> update your preferences or <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279> unsubscribe from this list This email was sent to acandela@juno.com <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279> why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list <http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279> update subscription preferences <http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e> The World Institute on Disability · World Institute on Disability · 3075 Adeline Street, Suite 155 · Berkeley, CA 94703-2545 · USA <http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&afl=1> Image removed by sender. Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp Image removed by sender.
MR
Mark Richert
Wed, Dec 7, 2016 9:43 PM

Hello there, don't seem to have this evening's
dial-in info on this machine, if someone could resend please...

At 01:14 PM 12/3/2016, Anthony Candela wrote:

I thought this might be of interest as we
approach our Wednesday meeting at 6:00 Eastern.

Tony

What the Next Administration Can Do to Support Americans with Disabilities

Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex

As with many Americans, we at the
http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=ef304c4378&e=6938f3874eWorld
Institute on Disability (WID) are concerned with
[...]

http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d51e8ad622&e=6938f3874eNetwork
for Good as a one-time donation or schedule monthly/quarterly donations.

Also, consider adding WID as your
http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=c4aacd6517&e=6938f3874eAmazonSmile
Charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% to WID on your

http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3b0405be40&e=6938f3874ewww.wid.org.

This email was sent to mailto:acandela@juno.comacandela@juno.com
http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279why
did I get
this?
from this
list
http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874eupdate
subscription preferences
The World Institute on Disability · World
Institute on Disability · 3075 Adeline Street,
Suite 155 · Berkeley, CA 94703-2545 · USA

http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&afl=1
Image removed by sender. Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Legiscom mailing list
Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org

Hello there, don't seem to have this evening's dial-in info on this machine, if someone could resend please... At 01:14 PM 12/3/2016, Anthony Candela wrote: >Content-Type: multipart/related; > boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0004_01D24D67.1D14AC30" >Content-Language: en-us > >I thought this might be of interest as we >approach our Wednesday meeting at 6:00 Eastern. > >Tony > > >From: World Institute on Disability >[mailto:wid=wid.org@mail211.atl171.mcdlv.net] On >Behalf Of World Institute on Disability >Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2016 1:00 PM >To: acandela@juno.com >Subject: Working with the Next Administration > > > >Post-Election Results: > > > > > >What the Next Administration Can Do to Support Americans with Disabilities > > > >Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex > > >As with many Americans, we at the ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=ef304c4378&e=6938f3874e>World >Institute on Disability (WID) are concerned with >how the 2016 election results will impact the >disability community and all diverse >communities. Over the past several decades, the >progress around the rights of people with >disabilities—including increased accessibility >of services, improved public accommodations, and >recent legislation, such as the ABLE Act, which >helps young people with disabilities gain true >financial independence and saves taxpayer >dollars—has boasted significant milestones for our community nationwide. > >We are committed to continuing this progress, >and we recognize that there is still much more >to be done. However, we also see that there is >constant pressure to roll back many of these >advances in disability rights under the >assumption that to do so would save money. > >Reduction of services, resulting in exclusion of >people with disabilities, is extremely costly in >financial and human terms. Certain healthcare >and benefits proposals can endanger the health, >independence, and financial security of people >with disabilities. Some broader issues, such as >climate change, will have a drastic impact on >our community unless people with disabilities >are included in the planning and preparation. > >We are committed to working with the next >administration to support disability rights in >all its forms and to prevent any changes that >would negatively affect people with disabilities >across the U.S. and around the world. > >Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex > > >High priority areas for attention include: > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=effa9bbfd1&e=6938f3874e>Benefits >reform that enables people with disabilities to >work while still maintaining benefits to offset the high cost of disability; > >Expanded ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=fa297359c3&e=6938f3874e>employment >opportunities with special attention to ensuring >that employees with disabilities are >appropriately accommodated and welcomed in the workplace; > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=96b93b6059&e=6938f3874e>Healthcare >and personal assistant services that fully >support people with disabilities' health needs, >including access to quality affordable medical >care; medication and durable medical equipment; >and fitness and nutrition resources, all equal to that of other Americans; > >Disability discrimination, which must be >combated in all its forms, including employment, education, and housing; > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=784864b875&e=6938f3874e>Climate >change policies that include people with >disabilities in planning and preparation; and > >Representation by people with disabilities in all aspects of government. > >Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex > >Now more than ever, we hope you will consider >supporting our efforts — you can donate via ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d51e8ad622&e=6938f3874e>Network >for Good as a one-time donation or schedule monthly/quarterly donations. > >Also, consider adding WID as your ><http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=c4aacd6517&e=6938f3874e>AmazonSmile >Charity. Amazon will donate 0.5% to WID on your >behalf as you do your holiday shopping this >season and all year round. Every gift counts! > >Wishing you a a joyful, healthy holiday season >and a happy New Year from the WID family! > >Image removed by sender. Collage of 3 photos: staff member Alex > > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7cc1f9c261&e=6938f3874e> >Image removed by sender. > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=7b0ca302b9&e=6938f3874e> >Image removed by sender. > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=d748980e75&e=6938f3874e> >Image removed by sender. > ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3117253f93&e=6938f3874e> >Image removed by sender. > > >The World Institute on Disability (WID) works to >eliminate barriers to full social integration >and to increase employment, economic security, >and healthcare for persons with disabilities. >WID creates innovative programs and tools; >conducts research, public education, training, >and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical >assistance. For more information, visit ><http://wid.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=3b0405be40&e=6938f3874e>www.wid.org. > > >Copyright © 2016 World Institute on Disability, All rights reserved. > >Our mailing address is: >3075 Adeline Street Suite 155 Berkeley, CA 94703 > >Want to change how you receive these emails? >You can ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e>update >your preferences or ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279>unsubscribe >from this list > > > > > >This email was sent to <mailto:acandela@juno.com>acandela@juno.com ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/about?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279>why >did I get >this? ><http://wid.us1.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e&c=8a89771279>unsubscribe >from this >list ><http://wid.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&id=9486e75632&e=6938f3874e>update >subscription preferences >The World Institute on Disability · World >Institute on Disability · 3075 Adeline Street, >Suite 155 · Berkeley, CA 94703-2545 · USA > ><http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=773b204c4fecb044eaffc3015&afl=1> >Image removed by sender. Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp > > > >_______________________________________________ >Legiscom mailing list >Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org >http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org