Statement of Positions

AC
Anthony Candela
Thu, Feb 2, 2017 1:00 PM

Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association's
Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA's
upcoming '2017 Government Affairs Summit':

"I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association
members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan
advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back
to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded."

"Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in
the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a
greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now."

"We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid,
Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care
Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language
and other protections in the ACA."

"We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of
every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate
Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights'
protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement
and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA), among others."

"Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute."

Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this
coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to
NRA's? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage?  In concert
with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA
or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations
experts?  Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more
"systematically" in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB?

Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting
on Monday evening.

Tony

Anthony R. Candela

Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee

Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant

(510) 912-0969

Affordable Wireless Plans
Set up is easy. Get online in minutes.
Starting at only $14.95 per month!
www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216

[...]
Anisio Correia
Thu, Feb 2, 2017 1:28 PM

I do plan to attend the meeting on Monday Feb. 6 at 6:00 pm.

Anisio

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2017, at 8:01 AM, Anthony Candela <acandela@juno.commailto:acandela@juno.com> wrote:

[...]

http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216www.netzero.nethttp://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216

Legiscom mailing list
Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.orgmailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org

I do plan to attend the meeting on Monday Feb. 6 at 6:00 pm. Anisio Sent from my iPhone On Feb 2, 2017, at 8:01 AM, Anthony Candela <acandela@juno.com<mailto:acandela@juno.com>> wrote: Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association's Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA's upcoming '2017 Government Affairs Summit': "I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded." "Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now." "We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA." "We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others." "Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute." Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA's? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more "systematically" in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ Affordable Wireless Plans Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. Starting at only $14.95 per month! <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216>www.netzero.net<http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org
AC
Anisio Correia
Mon, Feb 6, 2017 7:01 PM

Hi Tony,

Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00?

Anisio

Anisio Correia
Vice President for Programs
Center for the Visually Impairedhttp://www.cviga.org/
739 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-602-4291 Direct
404-539-4521 Mobile

[...]

Hi Tony, Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00? Anisio Anisio Correia Vice President for Programs Center for the Visually Impaired<http://www.cviga.org/> 739 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308 404-602-4291 Direct 404-539-4521 Mobile [Title: CVI Logo - Description: CVI Logo]<http://www.cviga.org/>a CVI<http://www.cviga.org/> empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity. From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:00 AM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org Cc: jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association's Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA's upcoming '2017 Government Affairs Summit': "I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded." "Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now." "We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA." "We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others." "Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute." Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA's? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more "systematically" in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ Affordable Wireless Plans Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. Starting at only $14.95 per month! <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216>www.netzero.net<http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216>
MR
Mark Richert
Mon, Feb 6, 2017 7:45 PM

Hope so, but a reminder of the dial in info would be great.

On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Anisio Correia acorreia@cviga.org wrote:

Hi Tony,

Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00?

Anisio

Anisio Correia
Vice President for Programs
Center for the Visually Impaired
739 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-602-4291 Direct
404-539-4521 Mobile

<image001.png>a

CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity.

[...]

Hope so, but a reminder of the dial in info would be great. > On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Anisio Correia <acorreia@cviga.org> wrote: > > Hi Tony, > > Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00? > > Anisio > > > Anisio Correia > Vice President for Programs > Center for the Visually Impaired > 739 West Peachtree Street NW > Atlanta, GA 30308 > 404-602-4291 Direct > 404-539-4521 Mobile > > <image001.png>a > > CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity. > > From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela > Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:00 AM > To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org > Cc: jcatavero@nyise.org > Subject: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions > > Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association’s Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA’s upcoming ‘2017 Government Affairs Summit’: > > “I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded.” > > “Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now.” > > “We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA.” > > “We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others.” > > “Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute.“ > > Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA’s? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more “systematically” in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? > > Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. > > Tony > > Anthony R. Candela > Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee > Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant > (510) 912-0969 > > > > ____________________________________________________________ > Affordable Wireless Plans > Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. > Starting at only $14.95 per month! > www.netzero.net > _______________________________________________ > Legiscom mailing list > Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org > http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org
LT
Lou Tutt
Mon, Feb 6, 2017 7:55 PM

Hello Members of the AER Legislative Committee,

Tony has the dial-in numbers for tonight’s 6:00 PM (Eastern) meeting however, let me give them to you just in case:

   -CALL-IN NUMBER: 412-380-2000

   -PASS CODE: 6720269#

Talk with you later,

Lou

http://www.cviga.org/ Center for the Visually Impaired

http://www.cviga.org/ <image001.png>a

http://www.cviga.org/ CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity.

http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216 Affordable Wireless Plans
Set up is easy. Get online in minutes.
Starting at only $14.95 per month!
http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216 www.netzero.net

Legiscom mailing list
Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org

Hello Members of the AER Legislative Committee, Tony has the dial-in numbers for tonight’s 6:00 PM (Eastern) meeting however, let me give them to you just in case: -CALL-IN NUMBER: 412-380-2000 -PASS CODE: 6720269# Talk with you later, Lou From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Mark Richert Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 2:46 PM To: Anisio Correia Cc: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org; jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: Re: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Hope so, but a reminder of the dial in info would be great. On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Anisio Correia <acorreia@cviga.org> wrote: Hi Tony, Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00? Anisio Anisio Correia Vice President for Programs <http://www.cviga.org/> Center for the Visually Impaired 739 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308 404-602-4291 Direct 404-539-4521 Mobile <http://www.cviga.org/> <image001.png>a <http://www.cviga.org/> CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity. From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:00 AM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org Cc: jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association’s Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA’s upcoming ‘2017 Government Affairs Summit’: “I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded.” “Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now.” “We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA.” “We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others.” “Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute.“ Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA’s? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more “systematically” in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> Affordable Wireless Plans Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. Starting at only $14.95 per month! <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> www.netzero.net _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org
JM
John Mascia
Mon, Feb 6, 2017 8:02 PM

I may be on my cell but I will check in...

Sent from my iPhone

<image001.png>http://www.cviga.org/a

[...]

I may be on my cell but I will check in... Sent from my iPhone On Feb 6, 2017, at 1:57 PM, Lou Tutt <lou@aerbvi.org<mailto:lou@aerbvi.org>> wrote: Hello Members of the AER Legislative Committee, Tony has the dial-in numbers for tonight’s 6:00 PM (Eastern) meeting however, let me give them to you just in case: -CALL-IN NUMBER: 412-380-2000 -PASS CODE: 6720269# Talk with you later, Lou From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Mark Richert Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 2:46 PM To: Anisio Correia Cc: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org>; jcatavero@nyise.org<mailto:jcatavero@nyise.org> Subject: Re: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Hope so, but a reminder of the dial in info would be great. On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Anisio Correia <acorreia@cviga.org<mailto:acorreia@cviga.org>> wrote: Hi Tony, Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00? Anisio Anisio Correia Vice President for Programs Center for the Visually Impaired<http://www.cviga.org/> 739 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308 404-602-4291 Direct 404-539-4521 Mobile <image001.png><http://www.cviga.org/>a CVI<http://www.cviga.org/> empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity. From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:00 AM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> Cc: jcatavero@nyise.org<mailto:jcatavero@nyise.org> Subject: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association’s Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA’s upcoming ‘2017 Government Affairs Summit’: “I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded.” “Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now.” “We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA.” “We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others.” “Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute.“ Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA’s? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more “systematically” in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ Affordable Wireless Plans Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. Starting at only $14.95 per month! <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216>www.netzero.net<http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org<mailto:Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org> http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org
LT
Lou Tutt
Mon, Feb 6, 2017 8:25 PM

Okay, John, thanks.

Lou

Okay, John, thanks. Lou From: John Mascia [mailto:Mascia.John@aidb.state.al.us] Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 3:03 PM To: Lou Tutt Cc: Mark Richert; Anisio Correia; legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org; jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: Re: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions I may be on my cell but I will check in... Sent from my iPhone On Feb 6, 2017, at 1:57 PM, Lou Tutt <lou@aerbvi.org> wrote: Hello Members of the AER Legislative Committee, Tony has the dial-in numbers for tonight's 6:00 PM (Eastern) meeting however, let me give them to you just in case: -CALL-IN NUMBER: 412-380-2000 -PASS CODE: 6720269# Talk with you later, Lou From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Mark Richert Sent: Monday, February 06, 2017 2:46 PM To: Anisio Correia Cc: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org; jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: Re: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Hope so, but a reminder of the dial in info would be great. On Feb 6, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Anisio Correia <acorreia@cviga.org> wrote: Hi Tony, Is the Legislative Committee still meeting this evening at 6:00? Anisio Anisio Correia Vice President for Programs <http://www.cviga.org/> Center for the Visually Impaired 739 West Peachtree Street NW Atlanta, GA 30308 404-602-4291 Direct 404-539-4521 Mobile <http://www.cviga.org/> <image001.png>a <http://www.cviga.org/> CVI empowers those with vision loss to live with independence and dignity. From: Legiscom [mailto:legiscom-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Candela Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:00 AM To: legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org Cc: jcatavero@nyise.org Subject: [Legiscom] Statement of Positions Here for your information is what the National Rehabilitation Association's Government Relations representative writes in her announcement of the NRA's upcoming '2017 Government Affairs Summit': "I want to begin by reminding all National Rehabilitation Association members that this organization has always been and remains a bipartisan advocacy organization with a rich history in the art of advocacy dating back to 1925, when the National Rehabilitation Association was founded." "Given our history and our sense of purpose, I believe that never before in the history of the National Rehabilitation Association has there been a greater need for informed, assertive advocacy than now." "We will focus on the issues, including attempts to block grant Medicaid, Social Security programs, and Medicare, the repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), including the retention of the pre-existing conditions language and other protections in the ACA." "We will fight to preserve civil rights' legislation, including the right of every child and young adult with disabilities to a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) guaranteed under the landmark legislation, The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), as well as civil rights' protections under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, enforcement and preservation of the integrity of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), among others." "Our advocacy will be rapid and respectful but also resolute." Questions to ponder for our next meeting, tentatively scheduled for this coming Monday at 6 pm Eastern: Should AER formulate a statement similar to NRA's? In how much advocacy activity does AER wish to engage? In concert with our own history, can AER conduct an advocacy effort in the vein of NRA or other professional organizations with on-staff Government Relations experts? Alternatively, would it be more effective for AER to work more "systematically" in tandem with our long-time partner, AFB? Thanks for all you do and please let us know if you can attend the meeting on Monday evening. Tony Anthony R. Candela Co-Chair, AER Legislative Committee Rehabilitation Administrator/Consultant (510) 912-0969 ____________________________________________________________ <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> Affordable Wireless Plans Set up is easy. Get online in minutes. Starting at only $14.95 per month! <http://www.netzero.net?refcd=nzmem0216> www.netzero.net _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org _______________________________________________ Legiscom mailing list Legiscom@lists.aerbvi.org http://lists.aerbvi.org/mailman/listinfo/legiscom_lists.aerbvi.org