Recruiting youth aged 12-17 years old to learn about integrated PE

CT
Christopher Tabb
Mon, Mar 29, 2021 12:32 PM

Sharing on behalf of Justin Haegeleā€¦

From: Haegele, Justin A.
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 7:44 AM
Subject: Recruiting youth aged 12-17 years old to learn about integrated PE

Hello Listserv members,

We are currently recruiting youth with visual impairments who are 12-17 years old from anywhere in the US to take part in a study exploring experiences in integrated PE. We need your help with recruiting. If you know any youth and parents who are interested might be interested, please feel free to pass along the below parent letter and attached flyer.

Thank you in advance for your help!

            Dear Parents,

We are conducting a study examining the experiences of youth (aged 12-17) with visual impairments in integrated physical education classes. This year-long study will include two (2) interviews with a research team member, electronic diaries, monthly email communications, and a survey at the beginning and at the end of the study. This study will take place from May 2021 to April 2022. All data are collected online, and participants can be from anywhere in the U.S.

To conduct this study, we are seeking youth (aged 12-17) with visual impairments who are enrolled in physical education classes with their peers during the 2021-2022 school year to participate. We expect that the amount of time to participate each month will be less than an hour, except for months when interviews take place, which would then be two hours. All responses will be confidential, and data will only be used for research reports and presentations.

Participants will be offered $250.00 in Amazon gift cards (total) to thank them for participating in this year long study. Participants will be offered $75.00 at the culmination of the first interview session (August-September 2021), $75.00 just prior to winter break (December 2021) and another $100.00 at the culmination of the final interview session (Spring 2022). Participants will be told that the gift card funds are a thank you for completing each aspect of the study (interviews, monthly prompts, diaries, etc). Participants who discontinue participation before the first interview will not be offered a gift card, those who complete the first interview but discontinue participation before winter break will not be offered the second gift card, and those who discontinue prior to the second interview will not receive the final gift card. Gift cards will be distributed directly to the participants via email, and parents will be CCed on the delivery.
If you, or someone you know, is interested in participating, or have questions about participation, please contact me via the information below. Thank you,

Justin Haegele, PhD
Old Dominion University
jhaegele@odu.edu

Justin A. Haegele, PhD, CAPE
Associate Professor
Health & Physical Education
Department of Human Movement Sciences
Old Dominion University
Jhaegele@odu.edu
(757) 683-5338

Adapted Physical Education @ ODU
Researchgate Profile

Books
Routledge Handbook of Adapted Physical Education
Movement & Visual Impairment: Research across Disciplines

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Christopher J. Tabb, M.A., COMS
Statewide Orientation and Mobility Consultant
Outreach Programs

Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
1100 West 45th Street
Austin, TX 78756
Direct:  512.206.9226
Fax:  512.206.9320
E-mail:  tabbc@tsbvi.edu

Twitter: @TSBVI_Outreach, https://twitter.com/tsbvi_outreach
Web page: http://www.tsbvi.edu/o-m-page

The contents of this E-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by E-mail and then destroy this message and its attachments. Thank you! : )

Sharing on behalf of Justin Haegeleā€¦ > > From: Haegele, Justin A. > Sent: Monday, March 29, 2021 7:44 AM > Subject: Recruiting youth aged 12-17 years old to learn about integrated PE > > Hello Listserv members, > > We are currently recruiting youth with visual impairments who are 12-17 years old from anywhere in the US to take part in a study exploring experiences in integrated PE. We need your help with recruiting. If you know any youth and parents who are interested might be interested, please feel free to pass along the below parent letter and attached flyer. > > Thank you in advance for your help! > > Dear Parents, > We are conducting a study examining the experiences of youth (aged 12-17) with visual impairments in integrated physical education classes. This year-long study will include two (2) interviews with a research team member, electronic diaries, monthly email communications, and a survey at the beginning and at the end of the study. This study will take place from May 2021 to April 2022. All data are collected online, and participants can be from anywhere in the U.S. > > To conduct this study, we are seeking youth (aged 12-17) with visual impairments who are enrolled in physical education classes with their peers during the 2021-2022 school year to participate. We expect that the amount of time to participate each month will be less than an hour, except for months when interviews take place, which would then be two hours. All responses will be confidential, and data will only be used for research reports and presentations. > > Participants will be offered $250.00 in Amazon gift cards (total) to thank them for participating in this year long study. Participants will be offered $75.00 at the culmination of the first interview session (August-September 2021), $75.00 just prior to winter break (December 2021) and another $100.00 at the culmination of the final interview session (Spring 2022). Participants will be told that the gift card funds are a thank you for completing each aspect of the study (interviews, monthly prompts, diaries, etc). Participants who discontinue participation before the first interview will not be offered a gift card, those who complete the first interview but discontinue participation before winter break will not be offered the second gift card, and those who discontinue prior to the second interview will not receive the final gift card. Gift cards will be distributed directly to the participants via email, and parents will be CCed on the delivery. > If you, or someone you know, is interested in participating, or have questions about participation, please contact me via the information below. Thank you, > > Justin Haegele, PhD > Old Dominion University > jhaegele@odu.edu > > > Justin A. Haegele, PhD, CAPE > Associate Professor > Health & Physical Education > Department of Human Movement Sciences > Old Dominion University > Jhaegele@odu.edu > (757) 683-5338 > > Adapted Physical Education @ ODU > Researchgate Profile > > Books > Routledge Handbook of Adapted Physical Education > Movement & Visual Impairment: Research across Disciplines > -- > Sent from Gmail Mobile > > Christopher J. Tabb, M.A., COMS > Statewide Orientation and Mobility Consultant > Outreach Programs > > Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI) > 1100 West 45th Street > Austin, TX 78756 > Direct: 512.206.9226 > Fax: 512.206.9320 > E-mail: tabbc@tsbvi.edu > > > Twitter: @TSBVI_Outreach, https://twitter.com/tsbvi_outreach > Web page: http://www.tsbvi.edu/o-m-page > > > The contents of this E-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be subject to applicable attorney/client and/or work product privileges. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by E-mail and then destroy this message and its attachments. Thank you! : )