personnelprep@lists.aerbvi.org

AER Personnel Prep Listserv (Div 17)

View all threads

LOVE Library created by Ellen Trief at Hunter

RL
Rosenblum, L Penny - (rosenblu)
Sun, Nov 19, 2023 1:00 AM

Colleagues, about 10 years ago Ellen Trief had a grant to develop the LOVE Library (Library of Video Excerpts). These lessons were for use in personnel prep programs. I am looking for descriptions of some of the videos I downloaded at the time. If by chance you have descriptions of the students in these videos and anything that was posted about the lessons, can you share them with me please.

34
36
48
71
94
97
124

I tried reaching out to Ellen with no luck. The site does not appear to be available at this time.

Thanks,
Penny

L. Penny Rosenblum, Ph.D.
Owner, Vision for Independence, LLC
Consultant for Project INSPIREhttps://www.pathstoliteracy.org/resources/project-inspire-free-self-paced-courses-increase-stem-potential-individuals-who-read
Research Professor Emerita, University of Arizona
Email: rosenblu@arizona.edumailto:rosenblu@arizona.edu

Colleagues, about 10 years ago Ellen Trief had a grant to develop the LOVE Library (Library of Video Excerpts). These lessons were for use in personnel prep programs. I am looking for descriptions of some of the videos I downloaded at the time. If by chance you have descriptions of the students in these videos and anything that was posted about the lessons, can you share them with me please. 34 36 48 71 94 97 124 I tried reaching out to Ellen with no luck. The site does not appear to be available at this time. Thanks, Penny L. Penny Rosenblum, Ph.D. Owner, Vision for Independence, LLC Consultant for Project INSPIRE<https://www.pathstoliteracy.org/resources/project-inspire-free-self-paced-courses-increase-stem-potential-individuals-who-read> Research Professor Emerita, University of Arizona Email: rosenblu@arizona.edu<mailto:rosenblu@arizona.edu>
CB
Chris Bischke
Tue, Nov 21, 2023 2:49 AM

Penny

The library is still active while I cannot remember the name of the new contact at Hunter. After the semester is over, I would be happy to look through my e-mails and find the name of the new contact - if you would like.

Video #34, Planting Gardenhttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=34
Science Science lab lesson - low vision

Video #36, Braille Statisticshttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=36
Literacy Teach a math lesson using tactile graphics

Video #48, Read Storyhttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=48
Literacy Visual skills to children with multiple disabilities

Video #71, Mapmaking & Cardinal Directionshttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=71
Expanded Core Curriculum Teach basic orientation and mobility skills

Video #94, Building on Patterns - Braillehttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=94
Braille Teach Braille reading at the beginning level

Video #97, Computer Navigationhttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=97
Expanded Core Curriculum Teach how to use JAWS

Video #124, Reading Strategieshttp://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=124
Literacy Teach Braille reading at the beginning level

Chris Bischke, Ph.D. TVI, DT/V
Director, Multi-University Consortium Teacher Preparation Program Sensory Impairments
Professor and Program Coordinator, Visual Impairments Program
The University of Utah
Department of Special Education
1721 Campus Center Drive, SAEC 2280, Salt Lake City, UT 84112
801-585-3925tel:801-585-3925 office
801-589-2449tel:801-589-2449 cell
801-585-6476 fax
[LOGO Multi Consortium]

[...]

Penny The library is still active while I cannot remember the name of the new contact at Hunter. After the semester is over, I would be happy to look through my e-mails and find the name of the new contact - if you would like. Video #34, Planting Garden<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=34> Science Science lab lesson - low vision Video #36, Braille Statistics<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=36> Literacy Teach a math lesson using tactile graphics Video #48, Read Story<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=48> Literacy Visual skills to children with multiple disabilities Video #71, Mapmaking & Cardinal Directions<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=71> Expanded Core Curriculum Teach basic orientation and mobility skills Video #94, Building on Patterns - Braille<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=94> Braille Teach Braille reading at the beginning level Video #97, Computer Navigation<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=97> Expanded Core Curriculum Teach how to use JAWS Video #124, Reading Strategies<http://soe-server2.hunter.cuny.edu/love2/tmdisplay.php?id=124> Literacy Teach Braille reading at the beginning level Chris Bischke, Ph.D. TVI, DT/V Director, Multi-University Consortium Teacher Preparation Program Sensory Impairments Professor and Program Coordinator, Visual Impairments Program The University of Utah Department of Special Education 1721 Campus Center Drive, SAEC 2280, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 801-585-3925<tel:801-585-3925> office 801-589-2449<tel:801-589-2449> cell 801-585-6476 fax [LOGO Multi Consortium] From: Rosenblum, L Penny - (rosenblu) <rosenblu@arizona.edu> Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2023 6:01 PM To: personnelprep@lists.aerbvi.org Subject: [Personnelprep] LOVE Library created by Ellen Trief at Hunter Colleagues, about 10 years ago Ellen Trief had a grant to develop the LOVE Library (Library of Video Excerpts). These lessons were for use in personnel prep programs. I am looking for descriptions of some of the videos I downloaded at the time. If by chance you have descriptions of the students in these videos and anything that was posted about the lessons, can you share them with me please. 34 36 48 71 94 97 124 I tried reaching out to Ellen with no luck. The site does not appear to be available at this time. Thanks, Penny L. Penny Rosenblum, Ph.D. Owner, Vision for Independence, LLC Consultant for Project INSPIRE<https://www.pathstoliteracy.org/resources/project-inspire-free-self-paced-courses-increase-stem-potential-individuals-who-read> Research Professor Emerita, University of Arizona Email: rosenblu@arizona.edu<mailto:rosenblu@arizona.edu>