FW: [AER-Board] FW: "Highlights" November 13, 2015 AER Board of Directors Meeting

DG
Deborah Gold
Thu, Nov 19, 2015 10:13 PM

Hello AER Canadian Members!
I am pleased to forward to you the highlights from Lou Tutt, Executive Director, of our AER International Board meeting held the evening of Friday November 13, 2015. If you have any questions about these highlights, please send them my way.

Please note the very important news for us here in Canada, that a Newsletter Editor has been selected for our brand new Canadian e-newsletter. We are pleased to welcome Sara Bennett to this position. Sara will be supported by the AER International office staff to produce 4 issues/year, and she has pledged to have the first out to us all by the end of 2015!

I am also pleased to tell you that I was an active participant on the task force to produce our Code of Ethics (about which there is also a highlight below).

Free Webinar for Canadian Members!
Finally, I am pleased to tell you that the AER International Office is extending an offer of a free webinar ($30 value) to all current Canadian members of AER, in understanding of the problematic value of the Canadian dollar. More news about this wonderful offer will be forthcoming in the first issue of our very own national AER newsletter, so keep an eye out, because the offer will extend also to new members in the coming year. All details will be in the newsletter.

All the best,
Deborah Gold
Canadian Representative
AER International Board of Directors

From: AER-Board [mailto:aer-board-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Lou Tutt
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:03 PM
To: AER Board of Directors
Subject: [AER-Board] FW: "Highlights" November 13, 2015 AER Board of Directors Meeting

Hello Members of the AER Board of Directors,

Below are the "Highlights" of the meeting of the AER Board of Directors held Friday, November 13, 2015. These "Highlights" have been approved by AER President, Christy Shepard, and can be shared with the AER members to whom you are responsible.

-The AER President appointed Kristi Probst as the new Student Representative to the AER Board of Directors. Kristi is a doctoral student at Illinois State University and a member of the National Leadership Consortium in Sensory Disabilities(NLCSD).

-The AER President appointed Mary Nelle McLennan as the new AER Representative to the Braille Authority of North America (BANA) Board. Mary Nelle succeeds Diane Wormsley.

-The new AER Code of Ethics: A Guide for Professionals, will be reviewed by the membership of AER during the General Business Meeting in July, in Jacksonville, FL during the AER International Conference 2016.

-The AER Board endorsed a Joint Statement on the Profession of Teaching proposed by the Trust for Insuring Educators (see attached).

-The AER Board voted to support the World Blind Union's (WBU) position on "Quiet Cars". Pat Leader, a Past President of AER, represents AER on the WBU. Also,  AER President, Christy Shepard, appointed Pat to "man" an AER table at the WBU/ICEVI Quadrennial Meeting in Orlando, FL, in August 2016.

-Sara Bennett, a member of the AER Ontario chapter, was selected as editor of the Canadian Newsletter: the newsletter will be published four times per year.

-The AER Student Council Committee moved that the AER Board approve the addition of the following language to the AER Definition of student membership: Current student members who meet or exceed 6 cumulative years of membership are eligible for one year of membership at the Transitional Rate upon their next renewal. Motion passed.

-The AER Board voted to oppose a Draft Position Paper proposed by ACVREP, VisionServe Alliance, along with other blindness professional organizations, to use a single unifying identity for the professions of O&M, VRT and LVT.

-The next meeting of the AER Board of Directors is scheduled for December 9, 2015. This meeting of the AER Board will deal with the 2016 AER budget.

Thank you,

Lou

Louis M. Tutt
Executive Director
Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER)
1703 North Beauregard St., Suite 440
Alexandria, VA 22311-1744
703-671-4500, ext. 205
F 703-671-6391
lou@aerbvi.orgmailto:lou@aerbvi.org
www.aerbvi.orghttp://www.aerbvi.org/

AER International Conference 2016
July 20-24, 2016 * Jacksonville, Florida USA

Privacy Disclaimer - Fran?ais ? suivre
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.

D?claration de confidentialit?
Le pr?sent courrier ?lectronique (y compris les pi?ces qui y sont annex?es, le cas ?ch?ant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqu? et peut contenir des renseignements de caract?re priv? ou confidentiel. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a ?t? transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'exp?diteur et le supprimer imm?diatement.

Hello AER Canadian Members! I am pleased to forward to you the highlights from Lou Tutt, Executive Director, of our AER International Board meeting held the evening of Friday November 13, 2015. If you have any questions about these highlights, please send them my way. Please note the very important news for us here in Canada, that a Newsletter Editor has been selected for our brand new Canadian e-newsletter. We are pleased to welcome Sara Bennett to this position. Sara will be supported by the AER International office staff to produce 4 issues/year, and she has pledged to have the first out to us all by the end of 2015! I am also pleased to tell you that I was an active participant on the task force to produce our Code of Ethics (about which there is also a highlight below). Free Webinar for Canadian Members! Finally, I am pleased to tell you that the AER International Office is extending an offer of a free webinar ($30 value) to all current Canadian members of AER, in understanding of the problematic value of the Canadian dollar. More news about this wonderful offer will be forthcoming in the first issue of our very own national AER newsletter, so keep an eye out, because the offer will extend also to new members in the coming year. All details will be in the newsletter. All the best, Deborah Gold Canadian Representative AER International Board of Directors From: AER-Board [mailto:aer-board-bounces@lists.aerbvi.org] On Behalf Of Lou Tutt Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:03 PM To: AER Board of Directors Subject: [AER-Board] FW: "Highlights" November 13, 2015 AER Board of Directors Meeting Importance: High Hello Members of the AER Board of Directors, Below are the "Highlights" of the meeting of the AER Board of Directors held Friday, November 13, 2015. These "Highlights" have been approved by AER President, Christy Shepard, and can be shared with the AER members to whom you are responsible. -The AER President appointed Kristi Probst as the new Student Representative to the AER Board of Directors. Kristi is a doctoral student at Illinois State University and a member of the National Leadership Consortium in Sensory Disabilities(NLCSD). -The AER President appointed Mary Nelle McLennan as the new AER Representative to the Braille Authority of North America (BANA) Board. Mary Nelle succeeds Diane Wormsley. -The new AER Code of Ethics: A Guide for Professionals, will be reviewed by the membership of AER during the General Business Meeting in July, in Jacksonville, FL during the AER International Conference 2016. -The AER Board endorsed a Joint Statement on the Profession of Teaching proposed by the Trust for Insuring Educators (see attached). -The AER Board voted to support the World Blind Union's (WBU) position on "Quiet Cars". Pat Leader, a Past President of AER, represents AER on the WBU. Also, AER President, Christy Shepard, appointed Pat to "man" an AER table at the WBU/ICEVI Quadrennial Meeting in Orlando, FL, in August 2016. -Sara Bennett, a member of the AER Ontario chapter, was selected as editor of the Canadian Newsletter: the newsletter will be published four times per year. -The AER Student Council Committee moved that the AER Board approve the addition of the following language to the AER Definition of student membership: Current student members who meet or exceed 6 cumulative years of membership are eligible for one year of membership at the Transitional Rate upon their next renewal. Motion passed. -The AER Board voted to oppose a Draft Position Paper proposed by ACVREP, VisionServe Alliance, along with other blindness professional organizations, to use a single unifying identity for the professions of O&M, VRT and LVT. -The next meeting of the AER Board of Directors is scheduled for December 9, 2015. This meeting of the AER Board will deal with the 2016 AER budget. Thank you, Lou Louis M. Tutt Executive Director Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AER) 1703 North Beauregard St., Suite 440 Alexandria, VA 22311-1744 703-671-4500, ext. 205 F 703-671-6391 lou@aerbvi.org<mailto:lou@aerbvi.org> www.aerbvi.org<http://www.aerbvi.org/> AER International Conference 2016 July 20-24, 2016 * Jacksonville, Florida USA Privacy Disclaimer - Fran?ais ? suivre This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- D?claration de confidentialit? Le pr?sent courrier ?lectronique (y compris les pi?ces qui y sont annex?es, le cas ?ch?ant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqu? et peut contenir des renseignements de caract?re priv? ou confidentiel. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce message vous a ?t? transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'exp?diteur et le supprimer imm?diatement.