Recruiting Visually Impaired College Students for a Focus Group Session on Tuesday, November 10

PR
Penny Rosenblum
Wed, Nov 4, 2020 8:42 PM

Hello Colleagues, P

lease see the message below and the attachment from Dr. Tina Herzberg.
Please pass this announcement on to braille readers who are college
students.

Thanks,

Penny

From: HERZBERG, TINA
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:56 PM
To: 'McKenzie, Marty' MMcKenzie@scsdb.org
Subject: Recruiting for a Focus Group Session on Tuesday, November 10

Hi Marty! I hope you are having a great day! As part of Project INSPIRE,
Rett McBride and I are conducting a focus group study to gather information
about the experiences of postsecondary/college students who use braille in
STEM courses. Specifically we are interested in how students navigate the
accommodations process at their institution and the successes and
challenges in using braille materials in STEM courses.

Additional information about the study is available in the attached flyer.

If you know of a student who might be interested in participating, please
share this email with them.

If you could share about the focus group with the NFB of SC student group,
it would be greatly appreciated!

There is a short sign up form available at
https://uofsc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_85DqivJrGU9UKH3.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

Tina

Tina S. Herzberg, Ph.D.
Professor and Coordinator of Special Education – Visual Impairment Program
USC Upstate; School of Education, Human Performance, and Health; HEC 3039
800 University Way
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Office: 864-503-5572
Fax: 864-503-5574
therzberg@uscupstate.edu

Visit: Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals who
Read Braille
https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.uscupstate.edu/project-inspire&data=02%7c01%7cTHERZBERG%40USCUPSTATE.EDU%7c1ed02530905f4fbaeb6b08d79c2ee089%7c8cba7b629e8646c69b1b06504a61c72d%7c0%7c0%7c637149597468865526&sdata=7WOq3hZ8cW/mZ9Ie7nfgBLLOdvlKvQLk762ybU7WULQ%3D&reserved=0

L. Penny Rosenblum, Ph.D.
Director of Research
American Foundation for the Blind

1401 South Clark Street
Suite 730

Arlington, VA 22202
prosenblum@afb.org

Direct Phone: 202-469-6837

www.afb.org

I work at home in Tucson, Arizona which is currently on Pacific time.

Hello Colleagues, P lease see the message below and the attachment from Dr. Tina Herzberg. Please pass this announcement on to braille readers who are college students. Thanks, Penny *From:* HERZBERG, TINA *Sent:* Thursday, October 29, 2020 2:56 PM *To:* 'McKenzie, Marty' <MMcKenzie@scsdb.org> *Subject:* Recruiting for a Focus Group Session on Tuesday, November 10 Hi Marty! I hope you are having a great day! As part of Project INSPIRE, Rett McBride and I are conducting a focus group study to gather information about the experiences of postsecondary/college students who use braille in STEM courses. Specifically we are interested in how students navigate the accommodations process at their institution and the successes and challenges in using braille materials in STEM courses. Additional information about the study is available in the attached flyer. If you know of a student who might be interested in participating, please share this email with them. If you could share about the focus group with the NFB of SC student group, it would be greatly appreciated! There is a short sign up form available at https://uofsc.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_85DqivJrGU9UKH3. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you! Tina Tina S. Herzberg, Ph.D. Professor and Coordinator of Special Education – Visual Impairment Program USC Upstate; School of Education, Human Performance, and Health; HEC 3039 800 University Way Spartanburg, SC 29303 Office: 864-503-5572 Fax: 864-503-5574 therzberg@uscupstate.edu Visit: Project INSPIRE: Increasing the STEM Potential of Individuals who Read Braille <https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https://www.uscupstate.edu/project-inspire&data=02%7c01%7cTHERZBERG%40USCUPSTATE.EDU%7c1ed02530905f4fbaeb6b08d79c2ee089%7c8cba7b629e8646c69b1b06504a61c72d%7c0%7c0%7c637149597468865526&sdata=7WOq3hZ8cW/mZ9Ie7nfgBLLOdvlKvQLk762ybU7WULQ%3D&reserved=0> *L. Penny Rosenblum, Ph.D.* Director of Research American Foundation for the Blind 1401 South Clark Street Suite 730 Arlington, VA 22202 prosenblum@afb.org Direct Phone: 202-469-6837 www.afb.org *I work at home in Tucson, Arizona which is currently on Pacific time*.